Friday, January 22, 2010

Two for them, one for me


For some reason Blogger is turning the sock picture on it's side. I'm not sure how to change it (and I don't feel like finding out at the moment) so just lean 90 degrees to your right and you'll see them a little clearer. The rainbow effect is still there and they look even better in person, as in a little brighter. It's Crystal Palace's Mini Moochi sock yarn: part merino wool, part nylon, very silky, and so far great wearing. When I was knitting it I was concerned that it would be too fragile for socks due to the single ply slight fuzziness. Once knitted it's much stronger and doesn't show any sign of problems.

These pictures have me considering full spectrum light bulbs... I had a full detailed conversation with LMSS's Hubby about those over the holidays. Probably not the best idea cost-wise and I could always start taking pictures outside anyway.

The other picture is a scarf for a friend of ours from church (I did a Noro hat for him last summer and he wanted a scarf to match) and the hat is for his wife (she has no idea about this; I felt she deserved some sort of surprise after knitting so much for her husband) out of [sigh] baby alpaca. She had admired my hat done in the same pattern out of the llama yarn spun by and given to me from one of my former sock class knitters (will post soon; that was the picture with Hubby unintentionally exposed) and I had a single hoarded skein of this baby alpaca with no idea what to do with it. It is a dream to knit (so so soft!) and I can't wait to see how she likes it.

No comments: