Sunday, July 19, 2009

Phoebe!

She is finally here! Born Saturday, July 11, weighing 7 lbs., 10 oz. She is beautiful, her mommy is beautiful, and the world is beautiful. We are ecstatic, finding new and fun baby things to knit. I'm reminded of the Phoebe blanket (an old knitting project versus the new) that I've been avoiding but LMSS assures me that it being a 1st birthday gift is just fine.

I'm back in Shreveport, getting updates from them every day while Mom is there doing the Nana thing. We're plenty busy here. Hubby had shoulder surgery 2 days ago from where he tore a muscle diving for a softball. The shoulder had been giving him trouble for years, lots of pain depending on how much he worked out. The surgery went really well. They found some extensive damage when they went in, some of which had been there for years, so I guess it's a mixed blessing he dove for the ball and did something bad enough to it it required surgery. He's trying to recuperate and I'm keeping busy trying to keep him from being busy.

New sock knitting classes have started and I've been whirling through socks like crazy, trying to get examples for the different stages of the classes and have the socks ready for a charity event for Granny. I've also been working on the wrap I started the first trip to wait for Phoebe and have neglected the others... I'll get around to it. Someday. All I have is time, now.

No comments: