Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday's child has far to go

The scarf is finished, blocked, and looks lovely. I am glad to be finished with it, only because I was running out of places to sit and pay attention to the multiple row repeats.

I have been to Austin and back, but there is no baby yet. Still waiting for LMSS to call. Mom is still there and she is helping LMSS nest, i.e. organize all those hand-me-down baby clothes. Baby blanket is still for the baby's 1st birthday but LMSS has got a pair of socks with another pair I'm working on, nearly 2 nursing wraps (Mom's almost finished with the 2nd one), and she's knitting like a nut on 2 different baby outfits. They are lovely and I'm totally jealous she's the one with the little one to wear them. Well, jealous until I realize I have a 2 year old nearly fully weaned, thus my nights are almost mine, all mine. But the little dresses are SO CUTE!!!!

Little Guy sang to us every morning at LMSS's house. I'm not sure what tune it was but it sounded like a combination of the Imperial March and the ending chorus of "Hey, Jude".

I picked up some cotton yarn in Austin to carry on the wrap-knitting theme. It's 8"s long, 42"s to go. Light blue and dark blue, using a "bee stitch" which uses the "knit one below" idea. Interesting. The pattern in the book was wrong and I looked it up on Ravelry. I'll have more on that later...

I did finish both quilts at LMSS's friends house. Long arm quilting is fabulous for those projects that need to be finished and out of the "to do" pile. I still have a soft spot for hand-quilting though...

I'll try to get pictures up of everything as soon as I can. I'm no longer working at the in-laws so their computer isn't as easy to access but I'll see what I can do. Plus, any day I might get the call and go running off to Austin again. Weekend trips to Austin (5+ hours, depending on how you drive and how much you stop) will wear you out.

No comments: