Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Curtains!!


Aren't they darling!  They came to me while shopping for pillow stuffing and I had strolled by the quilting fabrics only to take a peek, not to buy, about 4 months ago.  They've been living in my closet through all the project/financial reckoning/upheaval like an illegitimate child that was fun to get but I gotta tell the Hubby some day, who cares that he had known I had bought the fabric when I did and didn't care; I still felt guilty spending money on fabric that wasn't direly necessary even though I couldn't stand the curtains that were hanging there.  What had been there were blue broadcloth gathered-at-the-top, shirttail-hemmed-at-the-bottom-sewn-only-to-get-windows-covered-but-never-no-never-were-going-to-hang-for-nearly-4-years-because-I-would-get-around-to-making-decent-ones-before-that-long.  They were made too long (accidentally), were too blue for the kitchen (honest mistake, I love blue), and just, well, needed to go.  These are perfect, bright and sunny, have green at the top with a blue accent at the bottom and ties, and were actually measured to correctly fit the windows.  I'm such a better seamstress now than I was 4 years ago.  Maybe that's why I didn't get around to sewing them until now.

No comments: