Monday, August 10, 2009

Saturation Point

I think I've hit project saturation. I was thinking this yesterday and shared the revelation with Hubby. He gave me a look and said "Do tell."

I honestly can't start another project until I finish at least ONE thing that I'm currently working on. I'm working on the following (and yes, I confess to knitting ADHD and a little lunacy on top of that, but really I'm very happy doing all this at once... if I had all the time in the world, no housework, and no one's else's housework, and no people to chase):
  • Hubby's Sweater: dark gray/brown, stockinette (and only stockinette with a little ribbing on the edges, my pattern to his dimensions knitted all in one piece attaching the sleeves EZ style) knitted on US#2 circulars
  • Calming Wrap: (waiting for Phoebe wrap) Bee stitch, dark blue and light blue
  • Socks: I have 2 started and one nearly finished
  • Phoebe's blanket (starting to warm up to cables that seem to last forever thanks to Sedna)
  • Sedna, or my Amazing Technicolor Dreamcardigan (posted on Ravelry)
  • AAnt's Afghan (I'm actually crocheting again!)
Those are the ones I've started. I've also unravelled a skein of cashmere/silk for a lady I met in the Knit Shop. Can you say HEAVEN?!?! I also got paid for it! Hubby said he wouldn't be surprised if he came in to find me laying in the middle of the floor, purring, tossing it around. I also have several dishcloths to make for Christmas presents, a dragon scarf for Mom, an alligator scarf for the knit shop, another pair of socks to knit for that charity auction, a pair of socks for M-i-l and another for one of the nieces (probably more Christmas presents, due to our financial position), and I'm sure I'm leaving something out somewhere. There's always something coming up.

I love the knitting. I really do. I love that I will never, ever be sitting somewhere bored because I will always have something portable to work on and something more complicated waiting for me at home. I just need to clone myself so that at least the socks get finished in half the time.

No comments: