Friday, August 21, 2009

Times they are a'changin'

Well, today was SuperGirl's first day of kindergarten. Both kids were up and in bed with me at 5:30 a.m., eager to start their day. I was also eager to start the day, but not 30 minutes before I had to.

We got everyone where they needed to be fine. I'm driving Hubby everywhere still; his shoulder is healing fine but still no driving with it. He was dropped off first and SuperGirl second. I had to do the carpool (NOT my 1st choice, I wanted to walk my child but so did all the other parents and there was no place to park within 2 blocks, it started raining, and Little Guy had fallen asleep with his shoes and socks off). We were barely on time so I made sure she knew her room number and dropped her off with the line of teachers waiting for all the little people to be dropped off. She hopped out of the car like a big girl and that was it. She was in class and I was driving home with tears coming out of my eyes because I can't believe she's that old, in Kindergarten, and so capable and responsible. But that's what we want, right? Kids that take those values and run the world?

I had another thought while through the car pool line. Excellent opportunity for knitting. Sitting there waiting for the cars in front to inch a little closer takes minimal attention and I can do that and knit at the same time. I'm looking at my Christmas present list and it's looking a little better!

No comments: