Saturday, May 8, 2010

The fabric of our lives?

I've been taking a break from knitting which means there is only 2 things in the works:  a sock for M-i-l's birthday and a light, cotton, mostly sleeveless sweater for me.  It's knitted in 3 parts (back, left front, right front) and I've finished all but the right front.  For some reason, it's taking me the time equivalency to do that one than the back and the other front.  I have several theories why:  I've actually burned myself out on knitting (the horror!), I have other things to do that are more important (the HORROR!), and when I sit down in the evening or go somewhere I don't want to be carrying yet another thing I have to finish (YE GODS!  WHO IS THIS WOMAN!!!)

So anyway, LSU is playing baseball badly, we are at the I-Ls (in-laws), and I am determined to finish this thing and sew it up within the next week at most.  Why?  Because I really need to wash it and make sure it's going to shrink as much as I thought it would.  If it doesn't, I got another too-big sweater to give away and I'm sure there are several readers of this blog who would love it.  Me?  I might just cry.

No comments: