Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Open up your eyes

Well, the sweater didn't even make it to the final stages.  The pattern called for picking up only 60 sts on the whole left front side and there was no way that would happen even if it was the length the pattern called for.  I tried the Ravelry thing and no one posted any problems so that meant 1) I was the problem or 2) the pattern was one that everyone could spot the issues to begin with and didn't attempt it in the first place.  I washed the pieces as they were and the darn thing didn't even shrink (better quality dishcloth cotton than I thought!) so it's going in the frog pile and will make a nice cotton cardigan sometime.  Just not now.  And I'll need a completely different pattern.

So everyone, when your project looks like it will fit an elephant and it's not supposed to, don't rely on the shrinking/blocking theory.  Quit and start over.

No comments: