Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I've seen better days...

This week is the last week of definite work. I can't tell you how mixed I feel about it. There is the side of me freaking out because there will be a drastic decrease in family income but there is also the side of me saying, "Hey, here's that break I was wishing for." There is a side of me trying to plan where I will be making up the drastic decrease in income but there is another side of me happy that I will finally be a true stay-at-home-mommy and can clean the house at leisure. Both sides are making me nutty because even though I know those statuses (or statii?) will be reality in only 4 days, 2 other landmen and I still have a huge project to finish and we have to finish it in those 4 days. Who cares that everything is pretty much over, they just won't tell us anything different, we still are working like there is no tomorrow.

Not only is that going on, the church is having Vacation Bible School 5:30-8pm M-F, which I, in a moment of feeling good and not knowing what was to be, volunteered for, I'm having to renegotiate our health insurance (gives me mixed emotions), and I've ended up having to watch an additional 2 kids and dog (kids potty-trained, dog not) while my sister-in-law goes for different meetings in the process of getting her family moved here. While doing everything else. And SuperGirl's birthday party is Sunday because that was the latest we could schedule it before hitting baby-watch time (looking forward to seeing you LMSS!)

Just needed to vent. No knitting happening, just lots of diaphramatic breathing and something telling me in my head "be like the squirrel" (fabulous White Stripes song; a must hear for those who like good rock and a great message).

No comments: