Sunday, November 8, 2009

Guilty, guilty

Hee hee...

So, you know my ever-long list of things to knit/make for Christmas in order to be frugal? (Don't ask me where buying the Noro Silk Garden sock yarn came in to the frugal part... maybe because it was on sale? but I'm not using it for any gifts... yet...) Anyway, I have this list and I'm working my way through it marvelous-ly and I've decided to take on one of Crochet Queen's guilt projects that has been living and loving like a kracken in her house for a year and a half. She's expecting her #2 child in a few months, is having pre-term labor, and I decided this is one way I could help. It's a lap blanket for her younger sister that she started as Christmas present, I think, and it's prolonged itself to possible gift 2 Christmas's later. In the normal theme of Crochet Queen's projects, the pattern is totally of her own devices. She learned how to make Granny Squares from me and made a whole bunch of them only to take one and start crocheting around it (again, sort of with my help because she was tired of crocheting Granny Squares and had started something more blanket-with-less-holes like and wasn't sure where to go with it) which turned into a slightly irregular long diamond. It was starting to aggravate her and I am now taking that and squaring it off by adding triangles to the straight lines of the diamond (I'll post pictures; I'm quite proud of my crochet innovation and I hope it works on all the sides. So far it's working on the first one) and will use the Granny Squares as a border, throwing in a few single crochet lines to hold it all together.

We'll see how it goes... Little Guy is still sick so all this is being done to the theme of "Charlie and Lola" and "Sgt. Cribb", but not simultaneously.

No comments: