Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanks for the memories

Well, as you can see, the pattern is still a work in progress.

What isn't is I actually own a new gas range. This was the result from making plans over a week ago to bake for the Thanksgiving holiday, giving me and the two elementary school age girls I'll have in my house, plus the ever-so-much-of-a-help 2 year old something to do. Can we say cookies and pumpkin pie? Yum. Anyway, those plans can only work if the oven works and it suddenly wasn't and began sending up a gas stink in it's decision. I found this out when I was trying to bake supper and we both were a little cranky. That led to a Sunday trip to Sears (who I have moderately forgiven after the fridge fiasco 2 years ago) which led to the purchase along with a new range vent because our current range vent sounds like a B-52 with speed issues. That's only when it decides to even come on. No kidding. We have to yell over it.

The appliances weren't here for the holidays but thanks to Mom's oven (it does work even if it is across town!) the pumpkin pies and cookies were still made. I also have the ok to use Crochet Queen's oven if I ever need to and she lives only 5 minutes away. The things you find out when something breaks...

Now to eat all the pumpkin pies. I'm actually not hungry. Freezer, maybe?

Thanksgiving was lovely and I finally finished Phase 1 of the Christmas presents. It's a bummer I can't post the pictures because the people haven't received them yet; I really want to show them off. I promise to after Christmas! Right now I have a Ravenclaw scarf and hat to knit for Hubby's friend's sister-in-law. I had forgotten she had hired me to do that, oops! This close to Christmas too! I've done these before several times but I'm still reworking my pattern as I go. The first 1-3 stages of those scarves I knitted evolved a pattern I really like but it still wasn't totally working for regular use. Hopefully this one does and there will be a hat pattern to match. My goal is to finish them both by Wednesday and move to Phase 3 of Christmas, plus finish the quilts when they come back from the lady who is machine quilting them for me. I CAN post those when I finish them!

No comments: