Saturday, October 31, 2009

"If anything is going to happen in this apartment I want it to happen to me first."

I'm working on the usual, found another Christmas gift I forgot I was going to make (shows checklists are still only as effective as the person writing them), and the other child who wasn't sick last week is now sick. The one who was sick is running around like a top. The sick one wants to be, and I really hate it for her because she's only going to be able to do a little trick-or-treating to a few of the neighbors and then stay home with me while Daddy goes to watch his game and brother goes to a little family Halloween party. However, she got to go to a sleepover last Saturday when brother was sick and had to miss so there was a little discussion on how these things just happen.

Last night, Hubby and I went to the local movie Friday Night Freak Out which showed "Ghostbusters." I had forgotten how funny that movie was, especially Billy Murray. I'm a big fan of his, which I'm sure everyone knows. But anyway, we were watching with a very enthusiastic but polite crowd (almost sold out!) and I noticed the interesting knitted clothes worn by several of the characters. Bill Murray wears a knitted vest that makes me think of some of the Noro yarn in patterns I've seen and Sigourney Weaver wears quite a layered group of knitted things (including skirts) that again made me think of how they would look worn individually and with updated accessories. The knitted things the secretary wears only screams 80s to me so I wasn't too intrigued by it (only reminded me of the fashions I didn't like even then) but it made me think of how styles come and go and repeat.

Take a look at the movie. It's interesting.

No comments: