Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Keep your eye on the ball

I have to remember that things do not happen overnight. This means quilts. This means big, heavy quilts that are 7/8ths of the way done and still need time and attention for a few more days. No rushing.

I have to remember that the Little Things (like children) do seem to happen overnight and I need to drop everything and pay attention to them at every opportunity because I'll blink my eyes and they will suddenly be gone. This includes not grumbling about volunteering to chaperone Kindergarten field trips. She will only be in Kindergarten once, this will mean a lot to her and the teacher even though the 2 year old comes along, and I should not even think about the quilting time that is being lost. There will be plenty of quilting time later on when I should be sleeping.

I have to remember that I do still have work to do, even though it's not official work, and I do still have working projects to finish doing. These need to be done and out of the way because they are taking up room at Mom's house and even though they do not involve knitting needles and/or a sewing machine, DO IT ANYWAY WITHOUT THE KNITTING EVERY 5 MINUTES.

And the one thing I don't like about playing cards or any other game: it's hard to knit or sew during, but is possible. Even if it annoys the others. That's why I try to only play games with other knitters or quilters. They understand and are knitting under the table too.

No comments: