Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodnight tree

We woke up to Little Guy running fever and due to a chain of conversations have taken down the Christmas decorations prematurely. Normally we wait until New Year's Day and do a thorough housecleaning while recuperating from the night before (we aren't wild but some of us stay up later than others and morning comes too quickly when you don't sleep) but this holiday season has been a little more humid than others and we suspect our tree is growing mold, contributing to our lingering sinus issues and Little Guy's sudden sickness.

We hope.

SuperGirl was a big help and we got everything down. Thank goodness I'm not a huge Christmas decorator so everything is in a nice, neat pile in my dining room waiting to be sorted. I swept, SuperGirl dustmopped, and I dusted. It was then that I discovered the artwork the kids had been doing in the layer of dust on the tv screen. How we haven't noticed it before now, I don't know, but it is now as clean as the rest of the room. However clean that gets.

Hopefully the rest of the day is for my 2 baby projects that are coming along slowly but surely. I've rediscovered what a genius EZ's "Surprise Baby Jacket" is but despair to ever figure out what makes what go where. In further study of her "Knitter's Workshop" she has the SBJ pattern with several of her other garter stitch, knitted-in-one-piece-with-minimal-finishing patterns and I can only sit and stare at. How does she do it? Or did she just perfect patterns people had done for ages, like others do with socks?

1 comment:

KoreyStricker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.