Saturday, December 26, 2009

'Twas the day after Christmas

I have received Elizabeth Zimmermann's "Knitting Workshop" book. I have started reading it and it is amazing how she jots everything down and shows that yep, it's just that easy to do whatever you want; just DO it.

Little Guy is putting all of SuperGirl's Barbies on the roof of her new Barbie house. Hubby and her Pawpaw made for her and it is the dollhouse of my 7 year old dreams (only I actually had nothing to do with the plans, they did it all on their own, love them), complete with a flat, felted roof with spindled railing. She is in tears. He has lost the beaded lampshade to her lamp stand. My day is only beginning.

I sat down to breakfast this morning and was leisurely drinking my coffee while planning the baby blanket for Crochet Queen's newest arrival (early February, here we come!). I had the blocks planned out, "x"s for seed stitch and "o"s for stockinette, when Hubby glanced over and said, "That football play will never work." That was when my day was supposed to be beginning.

Thus, so far I have had inspiration, two children with post-Christmas disorder, and a good laugh. Hopefully this bodes well for the new year approaching. We could use a good one.

No comments: