Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sister, you fight my baby tonight

I'm having trouble wanting to knit. I'm actually wanting to sit on the couch and not do anything? Is it progress? It is a problem?

However, I have found something else to do that needs to be done by M-i-l's birthday. I bought her something I'm going to cross-stitch and frame. This seems like a perfect opportunity and I've already organized the floss to start it. Hmmm... Maybe just a knitting break?

(I think the knitting strike is due to it being TOO DARN HOT here in May. 93 degrees isn't funny when you've been enjoying the high 70s and it's hard to get excited about anything that has to do with warmth and cuddling.)

3 comments:

Dr. Bill said...

Most of your subject lines from song lyrics I recognize, but this one has me stumped. Sounds like something Don Caballero would write...

suzylee28 said...

It's the song sung during the dance that turns strip tease in "Kiss Me Kate" called "Too Darn Hot." It's at the very beginning in the lead guy's apartment when they are trying to convince the blond chick (the lead guy's ex-wife) to do the play/musical with her ex-husband (the lead guy) and a girl shows up as his girlfriend from the club and does the song as a try-out.

I guess you suppressed all those memories of the musicals we subjected the household to all those years. The Lorax has it on DVD if you like. :) I'm sure Snakewoman has seen it!

Dr. Bill said...

Ah, now I remember... Actually, I liked "Kiss Me Kate" -- not one of the ones I suppress. (Unlike "Bless your beautiful hide / wherever you may be" among others...)