Monday, May 18, 2009

A stitch in time... takes way too long sometimes!

Working on the birthday gift for M-i-l. Figuring out cross-stitch might not be for me, or at least not at the moment. Or maybe it's because when I picked out the pattern I didn't look at the gauge of the fabric and didn't realize that it's not the big square cross stitch, it's the little square cross stitch, and it's going to take a lot of those little squares to make the big picture. (I'm sure there are better technical terms to use rather than "big square" and "little square" but life is a little hectic right now and I'm trying to keep it simple. Plus, it gets the point across and that's all I'm good for at the moment.)

I am getting the pictures of the dishcloths together and a picture of the lacey scarf. LMSS's blanket doesn't look much different because, even though I have done several more rows, it takes FOREVER as well. It looks great but is definitely another long term project. I'm glad Hubby's sweater didn't work out because I'd rather focus on this.

Speaking of Hubby's sweater, I was thinking of knitting it anyway, using the EZ method. Just measure the guy and knit the darn thing according to the gauge you get on whatever needles you want. All he wants is a plain sweater. Maybe get some more yarn and double it up so it's the equivalent of a worsted weight and I won't have to work with #00 needles?

No comments: