Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stick your chin out

This totally has nothing to do with knitting but I did want to share: We were at Crochet Queen's house last night (she's not an expert at crocheting but ever since I taught her she can figure out how to make anything; she's amazing) playing with the kids on their swingset/slide/playground thing-y and Hubby said "Hey, do a chin-up." I laughed at him. That's been one of my long term fitness goals, ever since... ever and I've never been able to do it. (One-handed push-ups is my other, even though Hubby says those are really just for show, there isn't much extra full-body strength in them.) While laughing I went over to the bars (they weren't very far above my head) and pulled. AND I PULLED MYSELF UP!!!!! I couldn't believe it! James was so excited and said for me to do it again. And I could! I tried to see how many I could do and had to stop at 4 but I DID IT!

There was still some question on if I could do real chin ups because I wasn't pulling myself up from a straight-armed hang so later, while Hubby was shaving and I should have been getting ready for bed, I went to our pull-up bar in the house and tried it out. I DID IT!!!! I was so excited I burst in on Hubby in the bathroom (surprising him but he thankfully had finished shaving and was doing the mouthwash thing; marks to him for not spitting it out) jumping up and down. He was really happy for me and wanted me to show him again and I COULD DO IT AGAIN!!!! I CAN DO CHIN-UPS!!!! YAY!!!!

2 comments:

Dr. Bill said...

Mowing the lawn, now chin-ups?? Who are you, and what have you done with suzylee28??

suzylee28 said...

I am Cyborg29. Take me to your leader and no one gets hurt.

:)