Sunday, February 14, 2010

Checkmate


I finally got a few minutes to download the pictures of that baby blanket for Crochet Queen's newest little one. Congrats, CQ!

I designed this to originally be 5x5 blocks but the 4x4 turned out to be such a nice size (and time constraints were getting really tight) I left it at this. All the blocks are knitted the same way but the green are WS to the front (i.e. cream are RS, green are the negative image) to add a little subtle interest. I seamed them together, picked up all stitches on all sides (around 104 each) and at each corner did 1 yarn over for corner space. It worked for these corners because the border isn't too wide but I think I'll plan a little more on where to do the yo if I do this on a wider border because the yo holes didn't go in a diagonal. I can't quite explain what they did do (went more lateral if that makes any sense?) but the great thing is it still looked great.

No comments: