Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Homespun

Here is the picture of the "Muse Hat" I knitted. It's supposed to be more lacy but this yarn was slightly too thick to really show off the holes. I still love it. It's perfect, it's me, and the yarn was spun by one of my former sock students from her own llamas. How can you get any better?

I did knit another (see "two for them, one for me") out of baby alpaca but that yarn was a finer gauge. The holes showed up better and she loved it. It was perfect for her. (She told me later that they tried on their hats and scarves immediately when they got home to see how they looked even though it was 78 degrees outside!) I found the pattern about a year ago when I was doing a random search of knitted hats. It's fairly easy and quick and a great way to use up that one skein of really nice yarn hanging around in your stash.

4 comments:

spinningllamagal said...

ooohhh...I like!!

suzylee28 said...

Thank you! Right now I'm wishing I could remember the llama's name! lol :)

Anonymous said...

I like your hat....I have a new blog! I actually have some posts on it too :)! I am still working on my scarf!

suzylee28 said...

Hey sweetie! Let me know how the scarf goes. Post a picture or something soon!