Friday, February 19, 2010

Love is in the air



(the pictures are backwards; still haven't figured out Blogger's order reasoning no matter the order I upload the pictures)

SuperGirl's quilt was pieced and stacked yesterday. We took a day off, as in we stayed home because SuperGirl and I were tired and Little Guy still hasn't shaken whatever virus he's caught. I got caught up on the laundry, some cleaning, and moved more projects closer to completion. This quilt was one I was wanting to make some sort of progress on, especially since SuperGirl was home this week for Intersession and I can finally make her sit down long enough to give me an opinion on what she wanted. The above is the result. It's Moda's "Love is in the Air" 5" squares (can't think of the term for them ; they are the little 5" square stacks of sample fabric in a set/theme) cut diagonally and sewn with same size triangle flannel (the purple flowers on white). Pattern is sort of "Broken Dishes" (that was my thought anyway) and I bordered it with some leftover fabric from one of my baby slings. The pink and red plaid was perfect and I really wanted to use it as the back too but SuperGirl insisted on the blue flannel with the bunnies (see Picture #1). It's reversible!

I'm going to hand quilt it eventually (shouldn't take too long; it's only 45"x45" and I'm going to freehand a heart pattern) and bind it in the purple flower/white flannel. I was really excited when I stacked it because I was able to use two big pieces out of my batting leftovers, thus helping shrink that stash bin also! No necessary shopping and another thing on the conveyor belt of progress!

No comments: