Friday, February 12, 2010

The Snowy Day

2010 is already proving to be something out of the ordinary. It snowed here last night and I have the pictures to prove it. Funnies are going around on Facebook saying "The Saints won the Super Bowl and it's snowing in Shreveport... is hell frozen, too?" The kids were bouncing around everywhere at the idea they'd get to build a snowman then once they got outside the first thing they said was "it's cold!" We are back in the house with 2 snowmen in the front yard (well, one snowman and one snowbaby; I'm still campaigning for a "Calvin and Hobbes"esque two-headed monster. Maybe when the 9 year old gets here...) having our hot chocolate and I'm trying to structure my day. I actually have some work to do (yippee!) so that's on my list, I have a birthday present to finish (give me 3.5 more hours and it will be!), and I have bills to pay (gag) so I'm going to try my 15 minute interval trick to see if I can get it all done and me still feel normal.

I had briefly considered this Knitting Olympics thing (briefly, very briefly) that has been going around Ravelry and blogs lately. Every Winter Olympics you get a project that's challenging, cast on when the torch is lit and work to have it finished by the times the games commence. I admit it was tempting: plan a full project and work like heck to actually have it finished and then have it finished to forever look at, wear, and say "I did the Knitting Olympics!" Then I thought of the budget, my loving family and the monster that would turn me into, and the fact that my own special Olympics (the Knitting Special Olympics... hmm... but wouldn't you have to be missing fingers or something? Knitting Para-Olympics?) would be trying to get 5 of my already existing projects finished by game commencement. Much easier on the budget, relief to my project stash, still heck on the loving family. So I'm just saying no to the Knitting Olympics and plodding along on my little "to do" list that has all projects scheduled for the next year (no kidding). I'm not allowed to add any more and I've already verbally agreed to 2 new knitting classes I'm designing (which made Hubby twitch slightly) so I'm good. Maybe in 4 years I'll take it on. Maybe projects will be more controlled then. Maybe I'll also have a stationary bike to ride at the same time so I don't turn into a tub of lard the 2 weeks I'm glued to the couch knitting. We'll see.

No comments: