Tuesday, March 24, 2009

oh, the water

I think one of the most difficult weather situations for me is when it's about to rain, you know it's about to rain, everything is waiting for the rain, and it won't rain. IT WON'T RAIN. The sun even peeks out everything now and then, like it's saying "What? It hasn't shown up yet? It was on schedule for 9:37 a.m. What a slacker. I'm going to have to track it down now. I'm already late for another appointment and now I have to tend to this." And it disappears too.

It doesn't help that I've been having to juggle a cranky Little Guy, the IRS, my financial advisor, and the new, big project that doesn't have "RUSH" written all over it yet. Notice I say YET. Nerves are a little frayed but I'm holding together. I got Van Morrison's "Moondance" playing and White Stripes 'White Blood Cells" on stand-by. Little Guy is finally taking a nap so we'll see how work goes. The IRS can wait until I figure out the form.

I finished the dishcloth last night. It's lovely. I felt so good I actually started work on the cheneille helmet hat for Lovely Aide. I got my gauge, CO 66 stitches for 22 inches around, and worked away for a few rounds. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I'm sure this way it'll be a sight better than the first attempt.

No comments: