Friday, March 27, 2009

Evil cackle optional

Ha-hah! I got some work done, went home for lunch, and got my knitting projects to work on organized. And guess what. I might only need to buy one set of knitting needles. ONE SET. You know how it is; you buy the needles you need for a project, use them, and the next project needs completely different needles so you buy them. Eventually, throughout all these projects, you are supposed to reach a time when you own every knitting needle on the planet and not only do you have the needles needed, you have a spare just in case you want to knit another at the same time (just in case). I have never seemed to reach that goal. I have reached the part where I'm pretty sure I have the needles for most of the project but still need to get the double-points, or need to get the needle that needs to be 2mm sizes smaller to do the ribbing around the edges, etc. Well, this time, I have the needles. They are even wooden straights (I do aluminum for everything except cotton; cotton, I have to do wooden or things are way too slippery and it drives me crazy) but they aren't long enough for the required CO. I have aluminum ones that are long enough in straights and circulars but because they are aluminum and I have been there/done that mixing aluminum with cotton yarn, we aren't even going there. We are going to buy long, straight wooden needles and be happy and at ease.

But the miracle is this: THAT'S ONLY FOR ONE OF THE THREE PROJECTS. And I can't tell you what I'm doing because it's a surprise for LMSS. I'll save it for after I give it to her. The other two are that blasted hat (trying to stay positive...) and the baby blanket for LMSS. The baby blanket is going to be ADORABLE!!! and I can't wait to post it once I start it. (Wait, I can't do that either. It'll ruin the surprise for LMSS. Darn. I guess I'll save that one until after I give it to her too. That's going to be hard because I'm going to want to share!) It's going to be an endeavor because I'll be working one technique I've had minimal experience with and another I've had no experience with. But it's going to be great! Bring on the forces! I've got my knitting needles and there were no shop trips required!

No comments: