Thursday, March 26, 2009

Feeling scratchy

It would be darn funny if this wasn't the third time I've tried making this hat. I actually finished the head part of the chenille hat tonight (while watching another wonderful Joan Hickson "Miss Marple", I might add!) and it's too big. Too big even for the aide. I put it on and not only did it swallow my head, there is no structure, no body. It's limp and it won't behave like an accordion; it just wants to get looser and looser.

Drat.

I think I'm going to double up on the yarn, keep the same size needles, and only cast on 72 stitches. I had thought of casting on less but I don't want it to end up too small and have to start over yet again.

By the way, wool really is a wonder material. I was wearing my sweater last night because it actually got a little chilly (!!!) and spilled red wine on myself. My pants were black and it didn't matter but I was worried about what it would do to the sweater. All the wine did was bead up. I dabbed it off with a napkin and the sweater wasn't even wet. Now, if it wasn't so itchy and warm... Maybe my skin could be less sensitive and Louisiana cooler?

No comments: