Thursday, March 19, 2009

Skiing anyone?


The sweater is STILL drying (probably another reason why wool is not popular in warm, humid climates) and I have decided to invest in a flat drying rack (I only own hanging). It still is looking really cute on my dryer. It is not dry enough to take a picture of so I have posted the Noro hat for your amusement.

Sock Sis is in town showing off her Little Momma status (and a cute status it is, too!) and she worked on her sock, I worked on the Noro hat last night while visiting with our friend who takes the wonderful pictures of things and people. (She's for hire, too.)

The Noro hat is hinting at needing another set of skeins to finish and methinks I am embarking on the most expensive hat yet to knit. It looks great (very much so the guy I'm knitting it for and it didn't cheat me on gauge, either) and has the right feel and structure, but it..might..want..two..more..skeins. And Noro's not cheap. But I do have yarn credit and these people are so worth it, plus his wife is going to trade with embroidery, so we're good. I always rather do things right than skimp out and feel guilty.

I am only working on the Noro hat right now. Chenille helmet is waiting in the wings out of sight/out of mind. My brain can't take another thing to do (especially since Ph-i-l called and there is suddenly something to do money-making work-wise) and it likes the idea of emptying out project bags one at a time. I like hats. They are quick and gratifying.

No comments: