Friday, March 20, 2009

When it goes round in circles

The hat is finished and fits Hubby so hopefully it will fit the guy it's for. It looks great. I did have to get more yarn to finish the top and (get this) ended up only needing a foot off one skein. The second one didn't even get touched. I'm going to keep the slightly used one and am contemplating taking the other back (it IS on the expensive side) but then again I'm wondering if I will need it to do a gift somewhere in the future and it would be better to have tucked away for that midnight solace when the urge hits me or should I be economical, do the right thing, and not have it hanging around when I'm not sure I'll need it. But there are always those gifts... hmmm. Any thoughts?

The sweater is nearly dry. Little Momma Sock Sis said that was typical. She's also been explaining to me my paranoia (reminiscent of high school CRINGE!!!) is typical for detox systems and it gets better, like the sweater drying. I should have the picture up soon.

We've been having a good time, LMSS and me. She spent the day with me yesterday and we played with the kids and talked knitting, life, etc. We had supper with the Fab Fam and went back to my house so I would sit still long enough to fold laundry (it was slowly swallowing the bed) and go through my yarn and knitting magazine stash. LMSS didn't get any yarn this time, but she did get the magazines, a ribbed, maroon scarf I had made a year ago last Christmas to see if I truly did like knitting, and my purple hat out of the Debbie Bliss cashmerino superchunky that I loved making but when I put it on it looked like I was about to whip out the black turtleneck, knit pants, and go on a European bank robbery. It, however, looks GREAT on her and she works virtually outside so she needs a nice warm hat and scarf.

I also got some of my projects rearranged. I decided not to do the gray scarf to go with the hat and gloves. I have scarves and I'll do that if the mood strikes me. I have the pattern written so everything is in order just in case. What I'm leaning towards for a scarf is trying a nice lacey wisp out of some mercerized cotton I picked up for some fingerless gloves that never happened. I've even organized all my patterns (you know, even the patterns that you get off the yarn labels; I was proud of myself. They are in a 3-ring binder with dividers and each pattern has it's own clear plastic sheet to sit inside) and I'm thinking about purusing it to find what would work. Just something small enough to be cute but still work with what I do. We'll see... Anyway, I've also started the stack of yarn that is going to be AA's queen-sized afghan for his b-day. I'm really excited about that because not only does it clean out the worsted acrylic that I have hanging around, I'll get to crochet that one and crochet and me need to reconcile somehow.

In all this, I discovered that I really have a lot of sock yarn. It's a shame I'm still in sock-block. Hey, I like that. Sock-block.

No comments: