Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Extra, extra...


Here is SuperGirl modeling the gray version of the Newsboy cap. I finished it yesterday right before going to work out. Now for the scarf...

This hat turned out better than the other in that I figured out what they did not write for the decreasing on the top. I'm making an ecru hat (to go with her purple one: one for crazy days and one for tame days) for SuperGirl's school aide out of cotton yarn and I'm glad this time I'll get it right. It's funny how patterns can be. It's also funny how NOT stessed I get when I read patterns now. My new dilemma is Marilyn's socks. I've gotten about 2 inches into the second one and my stitch has gotten tighter. I think it's due to the cables in this hat and worked with worsted on #6 16" needles; my wrists would cramp a little. I tried working on Marilyn's sock but had to switch to the sweater I started just to relax my hands a little. Marilyn's socks HAVE to be finished by Friday so that is ALL I am letting myself work on. I have the sweater (which I will get a picture and post), cotton dishcloths, purple button hat (all this for me; how is it I'm suddenly making so much for me?), scarf to plan, and toe-up socks to figure out/work on. I think I have enough to do. Ph-i-l said I can make him some socks once I make me some and then there's the ecru hat for the aide. I asked her if she wanted the same and she said she loves that style. Maybe keep the bill and make the top a little different? Hmmm...

Little Momma, thank you so much for that worsted yarn. Those colors are great and I know they will be used. I wove in the ends of your gloves last night (the alpaca was heavenly!) and I'll work on the cupcakes a little at a time until I come visit. See you soon!

No comments: