Saturday, February 21, 2009

Good-bye, Norma Jean


Picture #2 are Marilyn's socks. I did finish them Friday but she won't be able to come get the until Monday. I can't wait for her to see them. Everyone has loved watching them grow, just like I'm loving watching SuperGirl (my lovely model) grow.

Picture #1 is what I knitted last night using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino SuperChunky yarn (can we sing like angels here? Heavenly!). It's called "The Button Hat" and has been all the rage at the knitting shop for new knitter classes. I love mine even though it might never get cold enough here to wear it for the next 8 months.

Last night was the last sock knitting class and I'm really happy with them. 2 of them pretty much had their socks finished with only slight gauge and laddering problems. The other finished one and is nearly finished with her other, only she was visiting and planning new projects too much (AND trying to figure out continental knitting while she was knitting English in which I finally had to put my foot down and redirect her back to turning her heel). I'm glad this group of classes is over, though. I'm tired, am sock-ed out, still am having the monthly hormonal emotional issues, and knitting classes on Friday night are not for me.

My personal lesson I learned for Beginner Sock Class #2 is I need to add an optional CO for plus-size women. Did not occur to me totally.

My other things I figured out (one with help from my former college professor) is I only need 3 classes for this and I found really good instructions for the Kitchener Stitch that I am going to add to the pattern I give to them. I'll post the link to that once I find it. It's really good.

I also was recruited (and I could have said no but I didn't because I need to work my store credit back up) to teach the Newsboy hat in another knitting class. Only this one will be 2 classes and on Saturday mornings. I wore it to the class last night and everyone there got really excited about it.

1 comment:

Dr. Bill said...

Love the photo of Supergirl!