Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...to make the folks right home.



(Dad, you could be a little happier than that...)

I am now finally able to post this picture taken over Christmas of Mom's sensational striped socks that she threatened to give Dad but I've ended up with the pair he's wearing.

Dad is illustrating the geriatic fashion of the day. He's not allowed to do it (and he's not that old) but there are many unmonitored 70+ -somethings walking around like this usually with shorts and black socks as their statement of choice. Some call it senility, I call it their way of thumbing their nose to us younger, more hip, fashion conscious beings. It's the EMO and goth of the senior generation. Nice to know that some things never change.

1 comment:

Dr. Bill said...

♫ People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation) ♫