Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quick update



(I don't think I have any control over the order these pictures show up in; if I do, let me know.)

Picture 3 is the hand drawn plan for Picture 1 which is the Funky Sweater so far. You'll understand why I call it funky because the colors indicated for the different parts in Picture 3 are all really bold. It's going to be fun. I did take a picture of the pattern picture but that turned out blurry so I'm going to take another and post it soon.

Picture 2 is Marilyn's sock as of 2 days ago. I corrected my gauge issues (I was getting tighter simply to prevent laddering at the double-point breaks so I had to start only tightening the stitch after I switch needles and knit normal the rest of the needle) and as of an hour ago I have started the heel and WILL MAKE THE SELF-MADE FRIDAY DEADLINE!!! I even told Marilyn today and she is excited. I'll have a new picture of the socks up also. I'll even have SuperGirl model them when I finish (she loves that!).

I've just put in a store-order at the knit shop for this fabulous book of patterns. There are 2 different books and I'm going to choose which one I want. Hopefully it's not both because they are on the expensive side. Get this, they are patterns for scarves and the scarves are different animals, shapes, themes, etc. There is worm w/ apples, sheep, fox, alligator, school bus, caterpillar, and tons more (I think there's even a flamingo) in adult and some in that and kid sizes. My mind was spinning, especially thinking of the teacher gifts that will be coming up in the years ahead, plus I just LOVE the caterpillar, fax, and sheep. This is a book that would be passed around to all, I know!

By the way, Little Momma, I'm not knitting the Adapted Big Bad Baby Blanket for you. I got a better idea and it's all new. Be surprised.

No comments: