Wednesday, February 4, 2009

If you'd be my bodyguard...


It's been a Paul Simon day full of work and the lovely little boy you see at the top. I couldn't resist that picture. He loves helping! He also helped me deliver the hat to the girl and she was thrilled with it. It's still cold here at times and she was happy that it would be warmer than the one she lost.

The other picture is the one I tried to post about a week ago and for some reason it "exceeded messaging limit." Now, for some reason, it doesn't, so here it is: the yarn for the wonderfully funky sweater I had started and will be working on once I get the 1st sock finished for Marilyn. (I told myself that if I can make a hat for someone in a few days after offering I can get the socks for someone else finished a few weeks after offering.) As you can see the yarn is all the same kind, just different colors. It is cashmere/merino and I got it close-out price at Tuesday Morning without having any idea what I was going to use it for. The sweater (so far) has been heavenly to knit and is turning out really cute. I decided to make the medium and I hope that won't be too big. I don't think it will be. I wear small a lot but for some reason that size seemed a little risky on this project. In taking the measurements of myself and comparing it to the pattern (also keeping in mind my gauge and awareness of knitting is tons better now than 6 months ago with Sweater #1) I realized that if the small fit there was a great chance that it would be skin tight and I would have no one smaller than me to give it to if that was the case. At least if the medium is a little roomy I can still wear it. Plus the bones of this sweater gives the wearer more freedom to be the size she wants rather than... well, Sweater #1. That one, ha, not only was it too big but it had a scoop neckline and broad shoulders without much structure so if you were the slightest bit smaller in any way (breast, shoulder, anything) it would fall off of you because of the HUGE neckline. LOLA has it, loves it, and looks great in it.

No comments: