Saturday, February 14, 2009

This is Night Hawk...

The blue yarn is now untangled and balled up nicely in my cotton yarn basket. I organized my yarn stash and cleaned out my mending basket so now I have a cotton yarn basket. Any future mending is going to sit on my nightstand and not in a basket so that I hopefully get to mending it sooner than a season later. There was a sundress of SuperGirl's in there I hope she can still wear...

Anyway, I started on my newsboy hat (coming along nicely), finished Marilyn's 1st sock (turned out really nice), started Marilyn's spousal sock (again, coming along nicely), decided not to do "Guinevere's Gauntlets" (just weren't singing to me like I thought they would so maybe some other time; plus, they looked a little too frilly for me and I think the yarn I got for it would make a wonderful lacey scarf, maybe knitted late in the summer in anticipation of cooler weather...), and discussed the baby blanket for the future sprog of Sock Sis/Little Mama. Yes, that was an intentional "Home Movies" reference. She has requested the revised version of Stitch and Bitch's "Big Bad Baby Blanket" (I do it with smaller blocks (4x5) and similar deminsions (sp?) except made more rectangular than square) in primary colors. Oh, Little Mama, the possibilities. I'm actually thinking of a possible blocks-in-different-colors thing, depending on how exciting I want to be and how much I want to try out my intarsia skills.

Hmmm...

Mom and Dad are visiting Little Mama right now and I hope the yarn shops are still intact and hawking their wares. If not, you better share, you two. And Snakewoman will probably want in on the action.

1 comment:

The Lorax said...

(I'm so excited to give you something to muse over!)

Mom and I went to the knit shop on Saturday while Dad decided to take a walk. I found some FUN purple sock yarn in Panda Cotton, and some sock yarn for hubby. It's 'art yarn', based on a painting, so I thought of him. They are knitting up quite nicely, though he hasn't really been around to see much of anything.

I like the thing about matching knits. Who wants things to match?? While talking to my sock buddy up at work, she mentioned that her favorite thing about knitting socks was that only people you know/want to show your socks to have to see your socks. You can go absolutely crazy with socks, and nobody cares. Also, hats/gloves/scarves are meant to be accent pieces - again, matching is not necessary. Knitters understand this. Non-knitters do not know.

BTW, kitty is able to keep his... equipment, (hubby is relieved,) and doggy has stopped her flatulence, so she can keep the dog chow.