Monday, October 20, 2008

Becoming equally yoked

Worked on "sock" some more and finished it Saturday while visiting with the lady who taught me to knit a few years ago. She made blueberry muffins with SuperGirl and I knitted "sock" while juggling Little Guy. Accomplished my first 3 needle bind-off (which isn't the Kitchener Stitch but I'm feeling even braver and think I could attempt the KS next) and "sock" fit! It looks really interesting with the striping and the cuff is a little big but I'm happy: they were going to be house socks anyway. The only obstacle now is waiting for another skein to come in the mail. I found it on the internet (so you don't have to worry about getting me another skein, Sock Sis)and think I accidentally ordered 2 more, but that's ok. That means I'll have enough to do another little project. Turns out that with the right gauge the yarn will do a Fair Isle pattern. It's a German yarn and only has the size needles to use printed, not the gauge [frown] or at least not in English, so it'll take a little work on my part to see what I can do.
Started back up on the sweater. I'm not sure if my plan of switching sides the stitch marker goes on will do what I want but it's worth a try. At least now I'll be able to tell in a few rows if it is going in the correct direction.

No comments: