Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Graduation!

Just a late night note to say... I FINISHED THE SWEATER!!!!! It is lovely. So lovely and blue. And soft. And I'm washing it really quick (don't worry, it's acrylic) so I can get up really early tomorrow morning, run across the street at 6am and give it to Phil before he and Mil (mother-in-law) leave for their little flight up North. We have been told it's lots cooler than here and here has been pretty cool of late so I was thrilled that things worked out for me to finish the sweater tonight.
So I am now a 2 sweater person. Or 2 sweater giver I should say. A 2 sweater, 1.3 sock knitter. Does that make me fully intermediate? Or does me not getting heart palpitations when I read a knitting pattern mean I'm intermediate?
The lovely little knitting shop here is offering a session of 10 knitting stitch classes and I enrolled today. We will be knitting a wrap using the worsted yarn of our choice and knitting up separate blocks that are joined to each other as we go by picking up the stitches on the sides of those already knitted. I found a beautiful blue (almost country blue but brighter) that's mostly acrylic but with some wool. It feels wearable, is WASHABLE, and wasn't $10 per skein like the alpaca I was eyeing. Alas, I needed enough for 1000 yards and budget doesn't allow for 1000 yds in alpaca. But it was decadent. And in peacock blue. Maybe one day...