Monday, October 13, 2008

Go fly a kite

I love my hips. I love that my body isn't completely flat anywhere. I love that my clothes have to accomodate my body rather than vice versa. I love that I walk like a woman. I love that I love colors and have color. I love that I can take a straight piece of string and with some simple steps transform it into something that loves curves and the lines that join the curves. I love knits. I love that knits are so unlike other fabrics in that they are soft and warm and can stretch, contract, and surround. I love that knits give and have the ability to show off a bodies' best attributes, no matter how big or small.
It is empowering to create an article of something out of what you otherwise would use to fly a kite. Not that I'm knocking flying kites...

No comments: