Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride...

This morning I did not shower. There was laundry to fold. It is not put away, but it is folded on the bed ready to be put away when time allows.

This morning I did not sit down to eat my breakfast until I had made peanut butter (the food processor would have been too loud to run at 11:30 last night and I didn't feel like putting 2 kids and the puppy back to bed), fed the puppy, fixed the rest of Hunky Hubby's lunch, take the puppy out to pee, feed Little Guy, distract the puppy from the shoes by the front door, change Little Guy (he didn't get dressed until later; I still had to finish the sandwiches), kiss Hubby good-bye, get SuperGirl up and fed, and survey the state of the dishes from the night before because I had run the dishwasher that evening (didn't feel like unloading it to clear the sink that late, so left it). There were other various things I did in there while I was running around and Hubby was making his tea and trying to get ready. He was slowed down because Little Guy peed on him during breakfast and he had to change.

The joys of being parents.

Now I've been at work for over an hour and have not gotten any work done due to Little Guy wanting to run around outside and a puppy not sure to pee or not to pee. There is a side of me screaming but there is a side of me shrugging and moving on.

I'm not complaining. I want to SO BAD but I'm not complaining. Things could be totally worse. Things could also be totally boring and me get more work done in shorter amount of time but I wouldn't have the pint-sized company. Also, it seems like there's always something that is going to slow me down or happen to keep things from being stable and consistent so I'm working hard at rolling with it. I'm happy that it's a 2-year-old tucking all my paper-clips and his Pawpaw's loose change in the filing cabinet and a potty-training puppy, even though that means cleaning out the filing cabinet in the next week and wiping pee puddles when I don't catch the potty dance in time.

On the bright side, I did start fixing the cabled newsboy cap for the Lovely Aide last night when I was helping one of my ladies from the class. It was so nice to make myself sit down and work on it, especially with how hectic things have been. I was able to work on it this morning in a 10 minute tea break before getting SuperGirl dressed (an adventure in itself some mornings) and I'm down to the last cable while decreasing. I had to knit 4 more cables to it to get the length I wanted to go over her ears and I think it's big enough. I plan on finishing it on my lunch break today so I can take it to her when I pick SuperGirl up from preschool. I promise to have a picture.

I did decide to take the chenille hat to Austin. I need to finish that. It's hanging around like a stinky sock with no warm wash load and I know I'll feel better when it's done.

No comments: