Thursday, April 30, 2009

Conquest!

The hat, so far. Sorry no one is wearing it; the only available model is eating crackers at the moment and I didn't want to disturb him. Or clean him up for that matter...

The pointy part at the top of the hat wasn't working out without giving the wearer a gnome-y, elvish "Lord of the Rings" medieval look so it's just a normal decrease that fits the head. The ear flaps took a little work but they turned out really cute, also. I LOVE THE SEED STITCH!!! This would definitely be a hat to wear in cold weather; the ear flaps are cozy and warm. The chenille has turned out better than I thought as a hat material. I don't think I'll be turning out blankets knitted from it any time soon but the fear and loathing I was brewing for those months has dissipated. And this is all my own pattern so I can post it once I have it fully finished! I still have the furry part in the front and crocheted furry trim to do but I should have it done in no time at all.

No comments: