Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Errata on the YO

I was reading my handy-dandy little Yarn Harlot page-a-day calendar here and she had something interesting: YO (yarn over), O (over), YF (yarn forward), and YRN (yarn round needle) are ALL THE SAME THING. A month or so ago with that blue/white dishcloth I knitted that they called "Feather and Fan" they had that "yfwd" instruction that I took to mean bring the yarn forward, as in to the front. Nothing about a YO. I realized once the pattern didn't work (and there wasn't a lacey anything showing up) that it was a YO, bringing the yarn to the front over the needle, and today's page-a-day further clarifies the variations.

Learn something new everyday. This makes me want to knit some more and find out new things in the different patterns you read but I'm having to OFFICIALLY WORK so I can't sit and play with my projects right now. I am, however, this weekend having to take a 5-6 hour car ride with the FabFam to see LMSS and take her baby furniture and clothes so there is opportunity for lengthy knitting time, provided the kids and puppy aren't high maintenance. I've been contemplating the project to bring but I know what I SHOULD do: bring that chenille hat. I can finish it by only having it to work on the whole weekend and it will be done. I should finish the other this week so I'll be able to get both to the Lovely Aide next week. I know a knit shop excursion there in Austin will be mandatory so I can reward myself by getting something IF I am a good girl and knit the hat. Let's see if it will work. Disciplining myself is never fun, even though I could use a time-out every few days or so.

No comments: