Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shalom!


This is me, again in my fabulous pajama pants, modeling the finished Shalom cardigan! This thing was truly over before I knew it. I did have to leave off 2 rows of the stockinette at the very end and 3 rows of the garter stitch at the finishing border so I wouldn't run out of yarn (there were only 3 skeins in this color and I used it all to the very loopy end. I have enough to darn with if needed, but that's it) but that only made 1" of difference. The only problem I have with it (and I should have thought of this but when I was knitting I was in denial because I love this yarn) is the 25% wool contained in the yarn. It makes it itchy enough to be mildly irritating. Not so much that I won't wear it, but enough that this will only be worn until consistently 75 degree weather and the factor of it being too warm will kick in. The nice thing is, now that my hormones aren't as imbalanced, I'm not constantly too warm and a nice cozy cardigan on chilly mornings is really nice.

Now back to surprise project #3 and the 2 hats for the Lovely Aide. I told myself I would have them finished by the time SuperGirl's preschool is over. (By the way, she is going to that year-round school next year; we got the letter last Friday. YAY!!!)

I'm not looking forward to tackling the chenille hat but I think I will knit it using 2 strands at a time to give it more body and structure. That should help. The other hat just needs 3 more cables added and that should be done in a night or two.

I puzzled out my puzzle ring and am now wearing it again. I bought it while engaged to Hubby visiting him at grad school. It's one of my favorites and now will not leave my finger. Literally. It's tighter than I remember.

I've made another pact with myself to not buy anymore yarn until these projects finish, as in not only these I have working, but the sweater for Hunky Hubby, the cotton colorful cabled (love that alliteration!) sweater for me, the socks for Ph-i-l and M-i-l, the afghan for AAnt (Hubby's friend who wouldn't have anyone else make something for him and he's a single male who likes my handiwork; how can I say no?), and I know I'm forgetting something. I still have more dishcloths to make and more yarn waiting for me to find the pattern they are looking for. Hopefully I can resist the call of the yarn for at least another month or so.

No comments: