Monday, April 20, 2009

Dishcloths, diapers, and doggy treats

To sum up this weekend, we now have a puppy (part terrier, part chihuahua, really cute and sweet), LittleGuy and I am the ones who are having more discomfort adjusting, and I decided to take on something smaller and that utilizes less brain power than Surprise Project #3 (another dishcloth knitted on the bias with alternating purl and knit row blocks) which I got halfway through when I realized I really need to finish that newsboy cap for the Lovely Aide because I'm going to have to help someone with that tomorrow night. Last week I had worked on Surprise Project #3 rather pleased with how it is coming along but it's more of a project you have to pay attention to (there is lace involved). I don't think I will have to frog it, or start a support group for it, so I think it's a keeper.

Now, a support group for someone who as aquired a puppy, the sweetest little good-natured puppy guaranteed not to get big, slobbery, and destructive, maybe. The human (me) has never really cared for dogs to the degree that she wanted to get one but agreed to it because it was for the kids and Hunky Hubby who have really wanted one for EVER... I'm coping. I feel like I'm toting around two babies: the almost 2 year old (LittleGuy) and a 9 month old who's furry and the size of Hubby's shoe, both a little jealous of the other but also coping and learning to play with each other.

Is there a maternity leave for dogs?

Hopefully I'll be back to my knitting leisurely soon...

No comments: