Monday, January 12, 2009

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Well, it has been a busy weekend. For starters, my sister-in-law's house burned so she, her husband, and five kids are living with the p-i-ls across the street and the two youngest kids have been visiting with us. We've been helping out, keeping their mind off things, by playing in the backyard, going to the playground a block away, cooking, rocking in a rocking chair (even though they are 7 years and 4 years; heck, Hubby still rocks me in his recliner when the going gets tough), and just all round fun. The playground was great; I haven't played chase in years and they were all like monkeys with the way they climbed and ran and slid. Even Little Guy was all over it and thinks cousins are the best inventions in the world.

Everything will be fine. Everyone is in pretty good spirits. Their homeowners insurance is taking care of everything and they should be in a house by the end of the week. They'll stay there until their house is redone so that'll be several months. When asked they are like "it's just stuff, everyone got out just fine" and that really puts it in perspective.

Somewhere in the midst of that, Ph-i-l having to deal with some sticky business for work (which I am waiting on the verdict as I write), and the hoods across the street supposedly moving out (making room for a family that I hope is quiet and normal), Hubby's other brother-in-law moving up here tomorrow to live with the p-i-ls and start his new job (he might have to stay with us; 5 kids really fill up a house), I have nearly finished the ClassWrap. I can't believe it. I'm down to the last trim on the left long side which is a "dragon's tooth stitch" so I am going to tackle that sometime between now and this evening (depending on work load when Ph-i-l calls) and hopefully wash and block the thing tonight. I'm now begging for closure. I want to wear it, toss it around, let SuperGirl twirl in it, and start something new. Like wind the beautiful yarn for my sweater and cast on for Hubby's. Even better, cast on for Hubby's socks that I can't seem to get the inspiration for, even though they are a simple pattern and just need to be knitted (I still can't by the whole LSU thing, even though. At least finish LOLA's socks because eventually she will show up for them, even though she's a busy, engaged college student.

1 comment:

Dr. Bill said...

So what are you doing in your spare time? :-)

Dad told me about the fire last night. Any word on what caused it?