Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The worthy pictures



Picture #1: The fleece patchwork w/ argyle fleece backing. Made it heavier than expected but very cozy! The pink with the yellow splotches are duckies and the red with green splotches are frogs. I have robes made out of both of those fabrics.

Picture #2: LOLA's socks which are actually darker than that; I'm not sure where the light suddenly came from. Basic sock pattern with 2x2 ribbing stopping at decrease for toe. The color is black/white/gray speckled.

Picture #2: The fabulous double-knit quilt. Note the amazing rainbow backing. I love that thing. It was my bedspread all through college until I made a cheater quilt to take it's place (double knit itches if you sit on it too long).

I just realized I used the same acrylic rainbow yarn to tie both of these quilts. Too funny. And I still have a department store bag full of it. It's Red Heart "Kaleidescope" and I have tried to make at least 3 different blankets out of it, none of which worked and all were frogged. I have no idea what to do with it now. It's gone on to several mini-lives of it's own in scarves, blankets, and my granny-square bedspread I did with all my scrap yarn in the evenings of my third trimester of Little Guy. I was thinking socks? It looks great knitted. Crocheted it looks like cat puke, for lack of a better description.

No comments: