Friday, January 23, 2009

We can work it out

Sorry the blogs have been few and far between. We've been wading through the stream of life called hormone irritations, too-much-family-in-too-short-a-time-too-close-a-space, and sock boredom. The sock, however, is coming along ok due to my hard-headed diligence to finish it so Hubby can wear it by the time it gets cold enough here in a few days (the thing on Louisiana weather: if you don't like it, wait a few days.)

The hormone irritations will be getting better soon, hopefully. It's PMS extreme sport-wise (it's not just hang-gliding, it's snowboarding) and I had run out of excuses, i.e. there were no more obvious stressors in my life and I could chart to the day when it was going to start and me go a little nutty. Thankfully my doctor is one who understands me and we are trying easier things to curb it rather than prescription. I'm taking over the counter Benedryl (sp?) when needed to ease the anxiety and avoiding meat. The avoiding meat part is ok as long as I am eating by myself. Any dinners with the p-i-ls involve meat with a side of meat so that made Wednesday night exciting (our dinner night with them, in addition complete with the new-job-brother-in-law and sister-in-law with the 5 kids and baby-sitter who helps 3 nights a week). I wasn't wanting to share with everyone my issues but it kind of couldn't be helped in that situation. They were very understanding (if only a little confused) and things worked out ok but I really don't like everyone knowing my business. Now everyone does so I'm blogging it. It's too soon to tell if I'm doing any better. I am feeling a little better but it might be placebo or just me calming because I'm actually trying to do something about it.

The too-much-family-in-too-close-a-space is centered around my brother-in-law coming over Wednesday night to watch "SuperBad." I was NOT there to watch it. I refuse to watch the refuse of Hollywood. And anyway, anyone who uses "SuperBad" and "genius" in the same sentence (i.e. my brother-in-law) needs to be irritated at, unless the sentence is "Whoever stops movies like "SuperBad" from being made is genius." That's all I'm allowing myself to say on that. Hubby agreed that I would not have liked it at all, especially the first 20 minutes, whatever that means. If that is your favorite movie, I do not mean to offend you, but hopefully most of you know what I mean.

Work days have been alternately heavy and light (today hopefully will be a light one) and I've been getting the sock finished in the meantime. I'm thinking of starting one of the sweaters just to even things out... but who knows.

1 comment:

The Lorax said...

Sock boredom?? Never heard of it! :)

I just got back from the vet and I thought of you: there is a good chance that the dog is a vegetarian. What the? After going veg for a while, I can empathize with the stressers, but trying to find a vegetarian dog chow is (I've checked) next to impossible.

Love ya!