Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Truthfully, I...



I found the yarn and it was good. Very good. I am so excited about the project but I am taking it easy and being a good girl. I will finish (or, truthfully, start) the other projects first until I simply can not handle it anymore and will begin to lovingly knit the sweater for me. I have studied it every way: up, down, and sideways. I know the size to make it (smaller than I think I should because my gauge always ends up on the larger size except with double points), the style is the way I wear my sweaters, and if the neck ends up a little big I know the tricks to tighten it up. Plus it's not the style to wear as a sweater, just smock-like, so that forgives a little easier.

Forgive the pictures, they don't do the colors justice. Use a grain of salt and imagine the colors of the yarn brighter, starting with the deep, royal blue leading into the purple, then dark. bold. red. followed by the happy mix of color to the gentle warm flesh orange and ending with the fun mix. I'm going to use that color pattern down the sweater, doing the sleeves in the same pattern so it looks like it was dyed after being knitted.

Cool, huh? I love it. And the yarn is cotton, a wonderful fiber for here.

No comments: