Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wrapped up


The wrap is finished and I wish I had a better picture. Maybe I'll quit procrastinating and get that program for the digital camera loaded on my p-i-ls computer... Anyway, I finished it Monday night and am looking forward to wearing it today. It's washed, dried and ready to start it's life! SuperGirl hasn't seen it yet (things have still been a little busy) but I expect her to claim it.

I've also finished that fleece patchwork quilt I had pieced back in, oh, 1998 or 99. I tied the corners of each block with Little Guy "helping" (I didn't know wallowing on the project while it's on the table speeds things along but apparently it does; maybe because I'm trying to get it tied before he upsets the layers?) and decided on the store-bought binding so that it's a little sturdier. I plan on using it as the kid/picnic/in-trunk-of-car-for-emergency blanket. I have another one for that, which Sock Sis claims is the ugliest thing in the world. It's not ugly, just... colorful. The top is 1960-70 double knit polyester, pieced in I believe a pattern called "broken dishes", bought from a distant reletive who passed away about 1993 or 4 in a garage sale (I just realized my sentence structure; I bought it in a garage sale, she didn't pass away in one), and it's about the most indestructible thing imaginable, apart from something made out of metal chain link. I tied the corners of each block with that one too, using the curtains that hung in mine and Sock Sis'sbedroom window when we were little (white with rainbows, late 70's-early 80's rainbows that is) for the back, and red store-bought binding. They should make quite the pair. I'll post them once I get my phone charged again...

I'm a third of the way through LOLA's second sock. I was very proud of myself because I wasn't all that inspired. I was even less inspired to start anything else, though. I plan on working more on it today and hopefully have it done in the next day or so. I talked to LOLA and she is going to try to come by this weekend and try them on. I think I'm going to have my M-i-l try the one I have made on (their foot is about the same size) so I can go on ahead and finish the one already made.

No comments: