Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas to all...

Just a quick note to say Merry Christmas and wishing everyone a lovely day while the fam and I are making quite a day of it. It's already been a lovely time (SuperGirl got a little exercise trampoline which Little Guy thinks is the best present ever, who cares that it wasn't specifically for him), I got more pajamas and my perfume lotion (I'm not a woman without Theirry Mugler's Angel [**unpaid advertisement]), Hubby got his kettlebell, doorway chin-up bar, and gift card to the local comic book store (did I mention he's into acting also? How did I end up with such a Renaissance man?), and we've had breakfast with the p-i-ls and are waiting for Hubby's Sister #2, her husband, and 5 kids to come over for lunch and more presents. Then it'll be my family for supper and, you guessed it, more presents. I'm so proud of myself; I haven't dug under anyone's Christmas tree at all this holiday season and that's a milestone for me. Every year that's the first thing I do. Hubby had told me he wasn't putting my presents out because I snoop. It's not snooping, it's checking inventory. :)

The 1x1 2x2 scarf is over halfway finished and I'm sad to say the socks are still on the back burner. I should finish the scarf today, wear it this afternoon, and work on the socks tonight. Why? Because I'm proud I'm making something for myself but I'm also a stickler for deadlines and times promised.

LOLA is now engaged and she and the lucky man visited yesterday, complete with fabbity-fab bling-bling ring. The only things brighter were their smiles. We are estatic.

Last night I was blessed with the presence of Snakewoman and her GORGEOUS sweater, pattern showcased in Interweave Knits magazine Fall edition where they show all the things that can be done with 2 different types of yarn. Hers was the fuzzy pink looking one with lace detailing and she did an AMAZING job! Some substitutions in the yarn to make it more economical for her and it is so lovely.

So have a great big happy one, no matter what you're celebrating, as long as you're celebrating something. Me, we need to make sure the Baby Jesus from the kid's nativity scene isn't still rocking it in the Fisher-Price farm with the animals taking residence under Hubby's recliner.

No comments: