Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thoughts on a new day

I've been thinking about the new year. I'm looking forward to it. I'm wanting to clean out my house, let the fresh air in, organize everything after the craziness that was November and December, and make sure we are set for the upcoming months. I paid bills, found out that what was informally labeled as "busy work" at my work by other landmen was now "top priority" (love it when they do that), am having the whole fab fam over tonight for supper and games (this includes Hubby's parents), and am about to put a sleeping baby down in bed.

I'm not sure why I'm thinking like this. Last year was fine. Steady, nothing tragic. This year the kids will be a little bigger and we've already decided our family goals (play more games, watch less t.v., talk more together, spend more time together, etc.) and are already carrying them out. I'm mentally trying to plan what games will be easier to play while knitting but I think Hubby will nix that idea ("You said we need to spend more time together, not time knitting") even though I still maintain that I pay perfectly good attention while knitting. :) Maybe when it's his socks he'll comply...

So have a happy end of 2008 and I wish your 2009 to be fantastic. A fabulous one.

No comments: