Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Slight detour...

Hubby's cell phone could not do the colors in this scarf justice, I'll have you know. I was tempted today in the yarn shop and since I only have the 2 projects going, I simply HAD to start another that would be quick enough to not interrupt the others' progress, fun enough to break the monotony, and something I had been thinking about ever since Stephanie Pearl-McPhee mentioned absolutely loving knitting this style scarf in her blog. She also mentioned how everyone who is in the know knits one of these: Noro Silk Garden, 1x1 rib however many stitches across that you want for width, 2 skeins that look completely different, swapping yarn from Skein 1 and 2 every 2 rows. It's so easy to knit and the colors completely make it. I'm not a huge fan of Noro but this is not-scratchy enough for even me to wear and I only made it 24 stitches across for a thin width. That's due to me wanting to be able to wear it here even when it's only slightly chilly.

All I have done this evening is knit this scarf and I am so happy. I'm in happy knitting land. I shall return to LOLA's sock tomorrow once this scarf is finished and the wrap once the socks are finished. My goal is to have this scarf ready to wear tomorrow night at my p-i-l's Christmas Eve party; I think it'll be fun. Plus Snakeman and woman will be there (finally!) and knitting socks during a party might be frowned upon. By non-knitters, that is.

No comments: