Monday, December 8, 2008

One down, three to go...



They're finished! And that is SuperGirl modeling the pair. She was cavorting around in a Santa hat and I asked her if she minded wearing the socks so that I could take a picture. It was instant compliance and posing. She loves taking pictures. When I had the parent-teacher meeting with her pre-school teacher the two things she said was "[she] is our little mother and feels like she needs to take care of everyone" and "She really likes to take pictures, doesn't she?" You could tell by the individual pictures of the class she is in; SuperGirl was the one with her head to the side and a big grin like we only wanted to know what she had been up to.

Now on to the Purple Skrap. Finishing the socks, that, and the work deadline this week should push me over the edge for accomplishment. Yes, I know I said the work deadline was last Friday but you know how deadlines are: they might be dead but they don't ever die. But they do eventually move on to torment lawyers that have to look over the papers and actually make a rational judgment on them or at least call the dizzy girls that put it together in the first place and want to know what in the world we were thinking. Whichever, it'll be turned in by Wednesday and I am doing my happy dance early.

4 comments:

Liz Shively said...

Those are such happy socks! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your projects in person soon!

I'm still plugging away at that whisper stripe pullover. Front and back are done. I decided to knit the upper parts of both sleeves at once, so that when I mess up the stripe pattern, it'll look the same on both sides and nobody will notice. (You have to do the very-irregular stripes while simultaneously increasing every 4 rows for awhile, then every 2 rows.)

Slow going! When I finished last night, it looked like I'd done almost nothing more. I sighed and said, "I did four rows tonight." Snakeman immediately said, "That's good!" And I guess he's right. I'm really on the home stretch. But it's the kind of home stretch you see in Colorado, where the mountains look so very close, but you keep driving for hours and they never seem to get much closer!

suzylee28 said...

Thanks about the socks! I really enjoyed knitting them. I'm feeling a little torn about having to pass them on to the knitting shop but I guess that's what you have to do with a lot of things: wish it well, pat it on it's bottom, and send it on it's way.

That's great to hear about your sweater! I was wondering how it was going. 2 sleeves at once is how I did the sleeves for my first sweater and I agree, it does make slow going, but it is so worth it when you're finished and you think "wait, I've already done the second!" I can't wait to see it! And both of you! We are really looking forward to Christmas. Mom is already planning a knit shop trip for all of us girls.

The Lorax said...

You had mentioned something about no cables or fancy stuff... something I learned from those beautiful socks I finished with the Celtic cables was that the cables sometimes rub blisters in the wrong shoes. They make great sleep socks, but, alas, no going into public with them.
Your models are gorgeous!

suzylee28 said...

I didn't think about that with the cables. Is it different when the sock yarn is thinner?

My model is lovely. Alas, she has a little cold right now and is home from school but we hope everything will be better soon.